Monday, July 20, 2009

Quilt Dreams



When I was young, my family and I were invited to a great aunts house for a big holiday celebration. Members of my mother's family arrived with lots of pot luck food and someone brought the biggest turkey that I had ever seen. We all ate and celebrated with music and singing the rest of the day. Children were allowed to participate until midnight. I was given a small bed in the corner of a big teal green room. The bed was covered with a very strange homemade quilt. Once the light was turned off and the door was shut, the room suddenly became quite creepy. I became plagued with noises from the house including snoring from people who were already asleep. I wrapped myself in the quilt so that it completely covered my head to drown out the atmosphere. I became warm and had wonderful dreams that night which I have always felt was because of the very strange quilt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment